- Number of MPs with criminal charges has increased by 29%
- BJP has the maximum number of elected MPs with criminal charges (43 = 37%). Congress is second (41 = 20 %)
- The number of MPs with 'very serious' charges has declined.
- If voters have a choice, they prefer a clean candidate
- Average assets of Congress MPs is Rs 6.8 Cr, and BJPs MPs is Rs 3.6 Cr (substantial increase in both since 2004)
- Among the MPs, there are 390 graduates including 130 Post-Grads, and 23 PhDs
Shantanu's related blog post: http://satyameva-jayate.org/2009/05/20/kaun-banega-crorepati/ (thanks Shantanu !)